Connecting with Alumni
We are all part of the Torero Family! Alumni have valuable tips and advice to pass on to current students. Whether you are trying to pick a major, looking for an internship or just navigating your way through your first year at USD - we've all been there. Using your Torero network by reaching out to USD alumni for guidance and support can help you make some of these important decisions.
Tips for building your network
- View it as more than a network; it's the community of people in your life.
- Keep those in your network informed. Stay in touch and let people know what you are up to.
- It goes both ways. Share your network with others.
Tips for networking at an event
- Have a goal and a purpose in mind when attending an event. For example: "I want to meet someone who has a contact in the finance industry." Or "I'm interested in talking to three people about the benefits of studying abroad."
- To interrupt a conversation, walk up with a smile and a hand extended for a handshake.
- The easiest way to ask someone for their business card is by giving them yours.
Ways you can network with USD alumni
- Meet with someone in Career Services to access the Alumni Directory.
- Attend USD events that alumni attend such as Homecoming and Reunion Weekend, Athletics events, and the Student Alumni Association's Take a Torero to Lunch.
- Join the Student Alumni Association.