We are all part of the Torero Family! Alumni have valuable tips and advice to pass on to current students. Whether you are trying to pick a major, looking for an internship or just navigating your way through your first year at USD - we've all been there. Using your Torero network by reaching out to USD alumni for guidance and support can help you make some of these important decisions.
3 tips for building your network...
- View it as more than a network; it's the community of people in your life.
- Keep those in your network informed. Stay in touch and let people know what you are up to.
- It goes both ways. Share your network with others.
3 tips for networking at an event...
- Have a goal and a purpose in mind when attending an event. For example: "I want to meet someone who has a contact in the finance industry." Or "I'm interested in talking to three people about the benefits of studying abroad."
- To interrupt a conversation, walk up with a smile and a hand extended for a handshake.
- The easiest way to ask someone for their business card is by giving them yours.
Ways you can network with USD alumni...
- Meet with someone in Career Services to access the Alumni Directory.
- Attend USD events that alumni attend such as Homecoming and Reunion Weekend, Athletics events, and the Student Alumni Association's Take a Torero to Lunch.
- Join the Student Alumni Association.