Thank you for your interest in volunteering - we look forward to getting you involved! Listed below are just a few of the many opportunities for you to give back to USD. Take a look at the Volunteer Timeline
for specific dates and descriptions of activities and feel free to email email@example.com
or call the Office of Alumni Relations at (619) 260-4819.
- Pass out free food to students at Finals Feeding Frenzy
- Be a volunteer at registration or in the beer garden at the Homecoming Picnic and Tailgate
- Be an advocate for the Alumni Endowed Scholarship Fund and the Alcalá Alumni Fund and encourage alumni to give back to USD in any way that they can
- Support the Alumni Endowed Scholarship Fund as a volunteer at the USD Wine Classic
Homecoming and Reunions
- Be a member of the Homecoming Committee and help to plan the weekend
- Fundraise for your Class Reunion Gift
- Be a Class Reunion Ambassador and call classmates to get them back for the weekend
- Get involved with a Regional Chapter in one of the following areas: San Diego, North County San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, Riverside/San Bernardino, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Sacramento, Reno, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Denver, Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago, Boston, New York, Washington D.C. or Honolulu.
- If you live internationally, we invite you to join our groups in Mexico, Europe, the Pacific Rim, and the Middle East.
- Read student scholarship applications and select recipients for the Alumni Endowed Scholarship, Terry Whitcomb ’53 Alumni Scholarship, Kyle O’Connell Memorial Scholarship, Daniel Burkett Memorial Scholarship, and the Senior Class Legacy Scholarships
- Speak at a student organization meeting or class about your USD experience
- Join a panel of alumni to talk with students or parents about the student experience and future careers
- Share your wisdom and experiences with seniors about life after graduation
- Join the USD Preceptor Program and share your experience with first-year undergraduate students
- Become a career mentor on the Torero Network
- Attend Take a Torero to Lunch and share career advice with students
- Mentor freshman students as an alumni preceptor
School of Business
- Join the Volunteer Admissions Network and help the Admissions Team to recruit and retain the best students by attending college fairs, making congratulatory phone calls and attending receptions. Click here to let us know how you're interested in getting involved!
- Team up with Parent Relations for Summer Send-offs around the country to meet incoming students during the summer and share your USD experience
School of Law
- Become a member of the SBA Alumni Council
- Mentor students in the MBA program
Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice
- Mentor current students through the Alumni Advisor Program, come to Careers in the Law or be part of the directory
- Meet with first year students to discuss law school topics in the Brown Bag Discussion Series
- Be a judge for Moot Court Competitions and Mock Trials
- Help fundraise by being a Class Agent or at events like the Law Firm Challenge
- For more information about Pro Bono Legal Advocates, please contact Steve Hartwell at (619) 260-2353
- Act as a docent, help staff events or assist in the office
Center for Awareness, Service & Action
CASA programs provide opportunities for making lasting connections between USD and the community. For more information and to get involved, contact CASA at (619) 260-4798.
University Ministry has long-lasting partnerships with a variety of non-profits in San Diego and Tijuana. To get connected to one of those non-profits, contact University Ministry at (619) 260-4735.