Alumni participation is critical to the success, prominence and sustainability
of the University of San Diego. For updated information, videos, stats and more about this year's alumni giving goals and accomplishments click here.
The University of San Diego Alumni
Association encourages all types of alumni participation from volunteer programs
to event attendance to student mentoring. For more information on how to get
involved and give of your time and expertise, please see our pages on
What is Alumni Participation? Why is it important?
- The term alumni participation when used in higher education, specifically
means the percentage of alumni that make an annual financial gift to their alma
- Since alumni participation rate is universally regarded as the best
way to measure alumni satisfaction with their alma mater, it is one of
the key metrics used to determine national rankings and the financial support
received from foundations.
- These institutions do not look at the dollar amount of alumni gifts, just
the percentage of alumni that give at any level. A gift of $25 is just as
important as a gift of $2,500 when it comes to alumni participation.
- Although national rankings and international recognition increases the value
of USD degrees, the bottom line is that alumni gifts sustain the University of
San Diego. Collectively, thousands of individual gifts enable us to provide much
needed scholarships, services, programs and facilities for our current
You Choose What to Support
The Alumni Association welcomes gifts to the USD Alumni Endowed Scholarship
Fund (student scholarships) or Alcala Alumni Fund (for University's greatest
needs), but encourage you to make a gift to wherever you feel most passionate.
Every alumni gift counts toward our participation rate regardless of where you
give and regardless of the size of the gift.
Popular gift designations include:
- Alumni Endowed Scholarship Fund and other scholarship programs
- Alcala Alumni Fund to support the Universities' top priorities
- Your School or College (e.g. Arts & Sciences, Business Administration,
- Torero Athletics
- University Ministry
- Student Organizations
You can give online at http://www.sandiego.edu/alumni/giving or contact the Office of
Annual Giving at 619-260-4724.
Thank you for giving back to your alma mater and please help us educate your
fellow USD alumni on the importance of alumni participation.