We are all part of the Torero Family! Alumni have valuable tips and advice to pass on to current students. Whether you are trying to pick a major, looking for an internship or just navigating your way through your first year at USD - we've all been there. Activate your Torero network by reaching out to USD alumni for guidance; it can help you make some important decisions.
Tips for building your network
- View it as more than a network; it's the community of people in your life.
- Keep those in your network informed. Stay in touch and send a brief note every six months to share what you are doing.
- It goes both ways. Share your network with others.
Tips for networking at an event
- Have a goal and a purpose in mind when attending an event. For
example: "I want to meet someone who has a contact in the finance
industry." Or "I'm interested in talking to three people about the
benefits of studying abroad."
- To interrupt a conversation, walk up with a smile with a hand extended for a handshake.
- The easiest way to ask someone for their business card is by giving them yours.
Ways you can network with USD alumni
- Meet with someone in Career Development Center to access the Torero Network, an online database of alumni.
- Attend USD events that alumni attend such as Homecoming and Reunion
Weekend, athletics events, and the Student Alumni Association's
- Join the Student Alumni Association, USD Alumni Association LinkedIn group and like the Facebook page.